Last Updated on
- Electric kettle
- 1½ tbsp Shroom tea or 1 teabag
- 1 Cup Water
- In the electric kettle, add the clean filtered water and set to boil.
- Pour a little in the teacup and swirl well to warm it.
- Add the shroom tea powder or the teabag to your cup. Pour in the boiling water and allow to steep for four minutes. Cover the cup to let your tea to retain the high temperature and will enable you to take it when hot.
- Strain the tea to your cup or remove the teabag.
- Serve plain or with an accompaniment of your choice.
What is Shroom Tea?
Shroom tea is a drink you make using mushrooms that contain psilocybin. Usually, you chop the mushrooms and boil in water until you get a yellowish to brownish color. Many people don’t eat magic shrooms because of the awful taste. You can dry them and make this tea.
History of Shroom Tea
Westerners are the first people to start consuming magic or shroom mushrooms in the 1950s. A few years later, there was a discovery of drying these mushrooms for use during the drought season. Most people there began steeping the dry shroom in boiling water, which is how the practice spread to other parts of the world.
Benefits of Shroom Tea
- The tea helps to stimulate the growth of new healthy brain cells.
- It is a quick remedy for soothing anxiety, panic attacks, and emotions that come with depression.
- Shroom tea doesn’t contain any caffeine and is safe for consumption for people with caffeine reactions or those with allergies.
- The tea is straightforward to make and is a substitute for green or black tea.
- This tea reduces the symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorders, bipolar issues, psychiatric conditions, and schizophrenia.
- Other benefits are peacefulness and spiritual awakening aspects.
How long does Shroom Tea last?
With proper storage, shroom tea can last for a long time. Those using powder or dry shroom tea can store it in airtight containers away from direct sunlight. It will last for four to 6 months without spoiling. The fresh one lasts for 5 to 7 days if you store in the fridge. Some people freeze this tea some months for use later. Once you use it, the taste and smell might not be the same as powdered shroom tea.
- Gigen Mammoser: Mushrooms as Medicine? Psychedelics May Be Next Breakthrough Treatment: February 12, 2019.
- Debra Rose Wilson: What are magic mushrooms and psilocybin?: January 17, 2019
Shroom Tea in Infographic