Last Updated on
Magic Mushroom Tea
- A pot
- Heat source
- 1 Teabag of your choice
- 1 Dried mushrooms
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar,Honey, Maple syrup (optional)
- Grind the Mushroom into a smooth powder form and keep aside.
- Put the pot on the fire and add a cup of water to it. Simmer the water on very low heat (avoid boiling the water as it will break down the active enzymes in the Mushroom).
- Remove the pot from the heat and set aside.
- Add to it the Mushroom and allow for it to steep for about 8 to 10 minutes. This helps with infusing the flavors well.
- Strain the tea into a teacup. You can consume the tea as it is or add in the teabag to add flavor.
Mushroom Tea FAQs
- What is Reishi Mushroom Tea good for?
- Below are a few mushroom tea benefits:
- Reishi mushroom tea helps to boost the body’s immunity and fight disease-causing germs and infections.
- The tea has effects on testosterone hormone and helps to reverse prostate cancer. It also prevents and fights cholesterol cancer.
- It helps to fight against depression, fatigue, and anxiety.
- If you take reishi tea, you increase the proper HDL cholesterol levels and reduce triglycerides to improve heart health.
- The tea helps to reduce blood sugar levels.
- It contains a higher amount of antioxidants.
How long does Mushroom Tea Last?
The tea, depending on how you prepare it, might last long or go bad. You can store Chaga mushroom tea and other types in the freezer for a long time. It should still be fine within six months. If you want to consume it a few days after making the mushroom tea, you can keep it in the fridge until then.
Is Mushroom Tea more Potent?
There is so much out here about the mushroom tea vs. eating debate. The drink is very potent if you prepare it correctly and allow it to steep as it should. Different strains of this tea will have varied potency levels. That of the turkey tail mushroom tea isn’t the same as the reishi or Chaga.
Usually, a gram of mushroom tea is enough for one teacup. However, you can increase or decrease the amount as you wish.
DO NOT boil mushrooms when making this tea. The high heat destroys the active substances in it, making it useless.
- Christy Brissette: There’s not enough evidence that mushroom tea is magic: August 28, 2018
- Providence Health Team: Mushroom tea: A fungi new way to give your morning a boost: June 8, 2018
Mushroom Tea in Infographic