Last Updated on
- Heat source
- ½ Cup Water
- ½ Cup Milk
- 1-2 tbsp Sugar
- Bring a half cup of water to boil. Pour the water into a teapot.
- Brew the half cup of tea with one teaspoon of black tea. You could use tea bags or loose leaf tea.
- Cover the teapot and steep your tea for about 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea leaves and have the tea into a teacup or mug.
- Add a teaspoon or two of sugar and stir.
- Add milk to fill the cup or top up the other half. It will look like golden milk tea. Give a good stir and drink while hot.
What is Milk Tea?
Milk tea is a tea drink with an addition of milk. The amount of milk you add to any type of tea doesn’t matter. It could be a splash of hot milk in black tea or a complicated recipe to come up with options like Hokkaido milk tea. You can add other ingredients too.
Special Types of Milk Tea
- Milk thistle tea- Treats liver issues and is very healthy for the heart. It has a mild flavor and slight sweetness.
- Thai milk tea- You need evaporated milk to make it. Thai milk tea looks orange with a vanilla taste.
- Oolong milk tea-The flavor could be full-bodied or light with a grassy, floral, and toasty to sweet taste.
- Royal milk tea- This is the Japanese Milk Tea and you can choose to add sugar or not.
What is Taro Milk Tea?
First, you need to know what Taro is. Taro is a beet-like tuber that is purple. The tuber originates from South East Asia and is popular in their cuisines. Taro Milk Tea is a rich, creamy, and sweet drink that comes from brewing taro and milk.
Does Milk Tea have Caffeine?
Milk tea you buy in cafes and joints has caffeine. The caffeine comes from black tea, which is a significant ingredient in the preparation of milk tea.
What does Milk tea Taste Like?
Milk tea has a frothy and creamy taste because of the presence of milk. Some classic milk teas will taste contrary because of the choice of the other ingredients like Okinawa milk tea. Other simple ones like brown sugar milk tea also have a smoky or earthy taste.
How many Calories are in Boba Milk Tea?
In a serving size of 16fl Oz, the number of calories is 317.5. The levels are higher than in plain boba tea, which is 231.5 in an equal amount.
- Adrian Hernandez: Let’s Talk About Milk Tea: May 18, 2017
- Joanne Kaufman: Bubble Tea Purveyors Continue to Grow Along With Drink’s Popularity: August 16, 2017