Last Updated on
Compost Tea without a Pump
Organic fertilizer you make without aerating the compost using an air pump.
- Cheesecloth or porous material
- Stirring rod
- ⅓ Bucket Teabag material and compost
- ⅔ Bucket Water
- 2 tbsp Molasses
- Add water to the bucket. For tap water,leave it to sit out for a day to break down the chlorine.
- Mix the compost and teabag material well. Put the mixture in the water.
- Add molasses to the mixture.
- Close the bucket with a lid, but keep opening to stir a few times a day.
- Give the mixture 4 or 5 days to steep then strain.
Sugar is to give food to the microbes. Opening to stir is to allow the entry of oxygen for composting.