Last Updated on
- A medium-sized heating pan
- A bowl (with more than 500 ml capacity)
- Two service glasses
- A strainer
- 1/2 cup Dried tapioca pearls
- A litre of water
- 440 g Brown sugar syrup
- Ice cubes
- 5 Teabags Black tea
- Heat 500 ml of water and the tea bags to boil and let it cool to room temperature
- Dip the tapioca pearls into 240 ml of water and boil for 20 minutes
- Now pass the water with pearls through a strainer
- Take the strainer (containing the tapioca pearls) and hold it over a bowl
- Pour the sugar syrup over the strainer containing the pearl sand add little hot water over it slowly.
- Take the black tea in 1 and add to the mixture above.
- To serve, divide the pearls in two equal glasses and add ice cubes to the glasses until they're a half full. Fill the glass with the bubble tea in 6 above and shake or stir before you drink
What Is Bubble Tea?
Bubble tea, or boba — as others call it — is a Taiwanese type of tea-based beverage. It’s mainly made using sweetened tea, tapioca balls, milk, and fruit juices.
What Are The Bubbles In Bubble Tea?
When bubble tea is under preparation, it reaches a point where the tea is shaken with ice cubes in a glass. This is where the bubbles form.
Is Bubble Tea Healthy?
Let’s take a look at a few advantages of the tea to help us determine if it’s good or bad for you.
- The tapioca pearls have been established to contain several vitamins and minerals like iron, selenium, copper, and zinc, among others.
- The tea also has a high concentration of calcium, which improves the health of your bones.
- Since it’s made from natural tea, bubble tea also contains antioxidants.
- However, the ingredients used to make this tea are high in sugars and calories, thereby cannot be good for weight loss.
So yes, it’s still good for you.
How Many Calories In Bubble Tea?
The Health Promotion Board of Singapore has it that bubble tea calories are around 330 in a cup of the brew as long as it’s made with milk and tapioca pearls. This number will, however, increase with more use of sugar and tapioca pearls.
What Is Bubble Tea Made Of?
Bubble tea is conventionally made of a tea base, milk, fruit juice, tapioca pearls, and a sweetener like sugar or honey. The kind of tea base used is the preparer’s choice. Among the most used teas are the black and green teas. Likewise, you can choose your preferred fruit flavor as well as the type of tapioca seeds and milk.
Does Bubble Tea Have Caffeine?
Caffeine is found in tea leaves. The base of bubble tea is the ordinary tea that contains tea leaves. When other bubble tea flavors come in, they don’t interfere with the caffeine. So yes, bubble tea contains caffeine. A bubble tea store will always use steeped tea to make bubble tea. So, expect more caffeine in them.
Is Bubble Tea Vegan?
Bubble tea has several ingredients, some of which you can choose from their types. Boba is vegan since tapioca pearls are vegan, and they’re among the ingredients. However, the base tea used could make it non-vegan, especially if cow milk is incorporated. Luckily, you can evade using cow milk and go for the vegan creamer.
What Does Bubble Tea Taste Like?
Bubble tea tastes sweet, cool and refreshing. Your choice of the fruit juice used will also top the taste. You can always add strawberry, pumpkin, passion fruit, and others.
Is Bubble Tea Gluten-Free?
Gluten is a type of protein mostly available in carbohydrates like wheat. If you have an allergic reaction to gluten proteins, you can take bubble tea — yes, it’s gluten-free.
Bubble Tea Infographic